Friday, April 30, 2010

Which advice is correct regarding men's dress shirt collars?

Hi! At one site I read a spread collar is for more formal occasions and should always be worn with a tie. Also, a point collar is less formal and can be worn with or without a tie.





Another site states the type of collar depends on the shape of your head and men with round faces should avoid spread collars. I don't have a round face...





My question is does the collar depend on the occasion or the shape of one's head? What are the rules for picking collars?Which advice is correct regarding men's dress shirt collars?
well, I can't specifically answer your question but I can tell you that over the past couple years fashion rules have been basically thrown out. Nowadays it's ';as long as you look good and somewhat like everyone else with a touch of your own style you are fine';. Which is a relief to many men with such plights. I say, wear what you like and what you have.Which advice is correct regarding men's dress shirt collars?
There really isn't a specific method of dressing when collars are involved. I guess it just depends on the situation. For example, if you are going to a business meeting, button it up and wear a tie. If your going to the nightclub, maybe unbutton the top buttons and go for the casual look.





Collars do not depend on the shape of one's head. Where did you hear that? It sounds very ridiculous to me. Anyways, I hope this helps.
Point collars are generally considered less dressy than spread collars. However, you do need to pick collars based on your face shape, not on the occasion. There are dressy and less dressy shirts with all the types of collars. So base it on what looks best with your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment