Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Any great advice books out there for recently divorced/separated men?

My father is having a hard time. My mom left him in August, and not surprisingly, he's upset, confused, depressed, lonely, etc... He is trying to date and apparently is acting clingy and well...needy to these ladies. I told him to try and be alone for awhile...after all, he was married for 30 years to my mom. I want to get him a good book on how to try to handle himself right now. He is 53 years old. Any suggestions? Any great advice books out there for recently divorced/separated men?
I'm sure you wouldn't ask if he wasn't, but does your father read books? Send him to the library or bookstore/coffee shop and tell him to find one. Never know who he might bump into there.





I would imagine after 30 years, he is lost. Poor guy. This is an insane world to be lost in.Any great advice books out there for recently divorced/separated men?
This is not a book but there is a group thing called ';Divorce Care'; .It is a 13 week study usually in someones home or meeting place, like a church. There is a workbook that goes with it. There were men and women in the group I attended. It was a great tool to help me get through my divorce. You can look at the program online.
Holy cow.......he's only be separated for 3 months.


He needs to spend some time on his own.


I'm sure any woman that dates him hears the whole drawn out story about your mother and the marriage........boring!





And no woman wants to be the rebound fling.


Get your father involved in activities OUTSIDE of dating.


He can take up ballroom dancing, join a gym, go to divorce support groups for men, etc.
Oh man I thought you were planning to give one to your hubby. LOL. Sorry.





That is very sad. But I think the best thing for someone like that to do is to find new things to do. Join a rec volleyball league or take classes in something like... I dunno... just SOMETHING.
The Bible (KJV)


Isaiah 28:10
Please rush and get him the book ';Before you Do';, it will change his life completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment