Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Moving in with my fiance. Any advice, married men & women?

Hello.


I am moving in with my fiance. I'm excited but also nervous.


We've stayed at each others houses for maybe a week at a time but I'm sure living together will be very different...


Can anybody just me some tips or advice on Living with your special someone %26amp; marriage?





Much Appreciated. :)Moving in with my fiance. Any advice, married men %26amp; women?
Hi! whens the wedding? if the wedding is not in the next couple months I wouldn't be moving in. I think it gives the guy all the advantages of marriage and not so many for the woman. I've been married 30+ years and love being married, lived with my husband for about a month before we got married. Living with someone shows all the good and the bad, I think the key to a long health relationship is having your own friends, being able to be together and separate without having to worry about what he or she is doing. Always honesty, compassion and respect. Sex is always important. There will always be good times and bad. Work on the foundation of your marriage. good luck, put a ring on it....soon.Moving in with my fiance. Any advice, married men %26amp; women?
divide all the chores right away, like my husband washes dishes and I wash the laundry. that way there is no argument over who does what and when.


get the financing stuff all figured out right way. who's going to pay for what and how much? this is very important and might save yourself from future problems


remember that even though you both live together you still are separate people and need your own time sometimes.


most important thing:


don't forget why you are living with each other, always always always remember you love each other even when it gets hard. ;)
give 80 percent and take 20 percent. Also, just in case you didn't want to know, living together before marriage is not an indication of whether or not the marriage will succeed; in fact most couples who live together first, and then get married, end up getting divorced within 2 years.
Prepare to fight, argue, bicker





Prepare to COMPROMISE





I am still with my husband, and although we love each other very much, we fought for about 3 months when we first moved in.





It's a BIG transition. It takes some time to get used too. Just dont throw in the towel right away. You jsut need to talk things out and make a routine you can both groove too.





Add: We lived together for almost 2 years before we were even engaged. Still the best decision i've ever made.
don't nitpick


have mature dispositions/disagreements


do your own chores at first


have fun

No comments:

Post a Comment