Friday, April 30, 2010

Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?

Ok. I have a very much ex girlfriend (10 yrs ago) who has just invited me and my brother to a get together that she's organizing for her husband and sister. It's their B-days coming up and they decided to celebrate them on the same day...3 days from now.





I'm pretty sure the husband knows who I am (I only met him once 10 yrs ago, and he knows my bro'), I've already talked it over with friends and we've developed a few theories: 1) He doesn't know who I am (doubtful)....2) He does but, doesn't care....3) He doesn't know I'm coming...4)This whole thing is the ex-GF's idea and once I get there...it's gonna be interesting...and 5) I'm just looking too much into this (most likely one)





Everyone involved is hispanic, I'll have to drive 6 hrs to get there and will also take the opportunity to see other friends in the area, among other things. I mention the hispanic thing 'cause...well, you'll know if you're latino or know latin men.





I'll ask her if it's ok for me to go...just a friendly question. So, fellas, what do you think? Thoughts?





Ladies, I'm making too much of this, aren't I?Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?
if she was trying to hook up with you why would she invite you to such a public event? wouldn't she keep it on the sly? maybe she just wants to see the ';one that got away'; and find out if she's still attracted to you....you never know what people might be thinking deep down ; ]Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?
Is your question...';Why were you invited?'; I'd say you're reading too much into it, only if you've remained in touch with both her and her husband...





It's odd that you'd be invited if you haven't seen each other, or heard from each other in 10 years...and I [personally] wouldn't go, if that were the circumstance.
Yepp, she's probably just trying to be friendly, and cause your brother's invited, it would be rude not to invite you along. Since she has a husband, she's obviously indifferent to this entire thing, and probably does not care.
I would not go if I were you, its strange that she would invite you to this. Perhaps her and her husband are having marital problems and she is reverting to her past in order to find someone to have a fling with.
most likely she if you are still talking to her your friends right? This isn't out of the blue, right?





Probably just being friendly.
why would you drive 6 hours to go see her. do something else. if your brother wants to go then fine but i wouldnt
No, I do not think you are making too much of this. You are right to suspect ulterior motives. Unless its a wedding of close friends and family, there has to be a reason.





She might want to see you after all this time, to consider if she made the right choice in marrying. She might want to fix you or your brother up with a friend or family member, maybe playing matchmaker. She might be looking for a extramarital affair. She might want to make her husband notice that other men are interested in her, as her marriage is at an all time low.





It could be any or all of these things or none of them, might be nice to see the old neighbourhood and old friends. Just watch out for the games people play.
This woman invited you to her HUSBAND'S birthday party. For god's sake man, chances are, she doesn't wanna go run off and bang you in a closet or something ';for old time's sake'; and is probably just being nice in inviting you since you'll know a lot of people in the area anyways. It's not like she invited you to a private affair and told you to come alone, yaddamean.





Now if you arrive there and the door is open to slow music and soft lighting and she's sitting scandalously on the couch in nothing but a nightie and a glass of wine in her hand, then you got problems.





And if you are expecting that scenario, then keep dreaming bud ;)
Yeah, you're making too much of it. I feel like I'm listening to one of my girl friends drone on and on about her boring bullsh/t. Grow a pair some time and quit sweating the small stuff.
  • make up advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment