Friday, April 30, 2010

Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?

Ok. I have a very much ex girlfriend (10 yrs ago) who has just invited me and my brother to a get together that she's organizing for her husband and sister. It's their B-days coming up and they decided to celebrate them on the same day...3 days from now.





I'm pretty sure the husband knows who I am (I only met him once 10 yrs ago, and he knows my bro'), I've already talked it over with friends and we've developed a few theories: 1) He doesn't know who I am (doubtful)....2) He does but, doesn't care....3) He doesn't know I'm coming...4)This whole thing is the ex-GF's idea and once I get there...it's gonna be interesting...and 5) I'm just looking too much into this (most likely one)





Everyone involved is hispanic, I'll have to drive 6 hrs to get there and will also take the opportunity to see other friends in the area, among other things. I mention the hispanic thing 'cause...well, you'll know if you're latino or know latin men.





I'll ask her if it's ok for me to go...just a friendly question. So, fellas, what do you think? Thoughts?





Ladies, I'm making too much of this, aren't I?Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?
Yes, you are making too much out of it. I doubt she is sitting up at night worrying about it. HOWEVER, I am not sure if its worth your time, kind of like a step back and for what? At the end of the day you will have an empty tank of gas and nothing to look forward to.Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?
I think you're overthinking this. You dated a lifetime ago, you have some common friends, you've been somewhat in touch, you were invited to a party along with (I'm sure) a couple of dozen other people. It's not that big a deal. If you're uncomfortable, that's a different story - you don't have to go. But I don't see anything sinister here.
My question is.. Why are you being invited to a party out of the blue after 10 years?





It's not normal for ex-boyfriends from 10 years ago to be invited to a special party for the husband if they don't have an ongoing relationship of some sort. This is the wierdest thing I've ever heard.





Why would you want to go to a party for someone you don't know?
well unless u 2 have kept in close contact u r not a threat to her husband and it wont matter to him if he knows of you or not... and for the ex GF you may know her best...if you think she is plotting go with your gut instinct...either way if you go, take the chance to enjoy your time for you and dont get caught up in too much drama!!! hope you have a great time!!!
Why would you ask her if it' salright for you to go? She invited you so yes, it's alright. You are reading way more into this than you need to. It was 10yrs ago, everyone is over it but you. Move along. Go to the party, enjoy seeing old friends and leave it as that!





~aj
Why are you living in the past? You need a life now in 2009. Forget the get together and get off the facebook crap. Meet some new folks and gee wizz move on already.
I think its odd that you are being invited to a party after 10 years.


I would definitely bring a friend along just in case.


Good luck.
5) She's just catching up and wants to know how you are doing.


She wants it to be a big party and so she's inviting lots of people.
Dude are you pendejo? No vayas a la fiesta porque te van a dar un putaso. I wouldn't go to this party bro. En serio!
6 hr drive? that alone would keep me away. don't go to it - not worth it i'm sure.
Go, have a good time! It'll be fine.
I'd have to advise skipping it. What if something happens and the whole party is ruined?
Yes, you are! Just go and have a good time!!
I'll bet on number 4 ;o) lol
whoa buddy you are making way too much of this just go and be casual
  • make up advice
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment