Friday, April 30, 2010

Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?

Ok. I have a very much ex girlfriend (10 yrs ago) who has just invited me and my brother to a get together that she's organizing for her husband and sister. It's their B-days coming up and they decided to celebrate them on the same day...3 days from now.





I'm pretty sure the husband knows who I am (I only met him once 10 yrs ago, and he knows my bro'), I've already talked it over with friends and we've developed a few theories: 1) He doesn't know who I am (doubtful)....2) He does but, doesn't care....3) He doesn't know I'm coming...4)This whole thing is the ex-GF's idea and once I get there...it's gonna be interesting...and 5) I'm just looking too much into this (most likely one)





Everyone involved is hispanic, I'll have to drive 6 hrs to get there and will also take the opportunity to see other friends in the area, among other things. I mention the hispanic thing 'cause...well, you'll know if you're latino or know latin men.





I'll ask her if it's ok for me to go...just a friendly question. So, fellas, what do you think? Thoughts?





Ladies, I'm making too much of this, aren't I?Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?
only go if you're comfortable with it. it sounds like she is.Respectfully request your advice...men and women alike...?
I would say its no big thing. If she has asked you and your brother, and the guy doesn't even know you, she is probably just trying to beef up the numbers....maybe it is a milestone birthday or something. If you are going to kill a couple birds with this one stone and visit other friends as well, I would say just make an appearance at the gathering, be sociable, then leave. Be the classy one, and look over the past.
It'd be too weird for me.


I wouldn't go.


Ex's are that for a reason.


The past is the past.


That's just me.
Don't waste your time. I'm a girl, and I think it would look pathetic for you to make all that effort for an ex.
if i were you, i'd go. Just to respond to the invitation but I wouldn't stay too long, i'd just make a quick appearance, like if it's 7h to X, i'd arrived around 8h30 and leave around 9h45 or 10h. Just because i'm a curious person and i'd really want to know how the night will evolves. But then again, it's a 6h drive from home....That girl must really want to see you, plus are the husband and sister your friends or just acquaintance??? Why invite you if you have nothing to do with these ppl. That's a curious invite and i'd really want to know what would come out of this. Never the less, be always prepared to be disappointed. what if the girl don't even acknowledge you during the party? or ignores you or tries to torture you with her new life and just wanted you there so you can see what perfect couple her and her husband are or stuff like that....
well it could be she just wants to show off a bit, kinda like, see what your missing buddy,or it could be that she still likes you as a person and wants u there, who knows, but don't bring a date, would be to much drama in one place. Just make sure if u go, that u don't act like an ***, having a bitter x is worst then having an unhappy girlfriend.
they talked about this sort of on my morning show.


yes your making to much of this but for a good reason!


youdon't want to drive 6 hours to feel well not wanted.


if your already feeling all this emotion maybe it's best you send a card on your behalf.





if you go there to say i'm the ex yeah look at me then don't go. ify your going because it's someones birthday then i don't see why the ex even needs to be brought up. I say make it easier on yourself do what's easier for you!
Ten years ago? Yep, you're reading too much into it. It sounds as though you expect the husband to be jealous. I suppose it's possible...but there is some likelihood that he doesn't know the extent of your former relationship with his wife, or so much time has passed that he doesn't consider it to be significant.





It's a little odd to receive an invitation after so long to a party being held for someone you don't really know, but as you say, you will know other old friends there and it could be a fun event.





...Or perhaps your suspicions are right. She's still in love with you, she's invited you to the party in hope of rekindling your old romance, and she plans to spring the whole thing on her husband in the middle of his party, and run away into the sunset with you! :)
It doesn't sound like you are close to her. How often have you guys talked over the last 10 years?





To me any relationship that is that old is not ';interesting';. It's been so long you are just friends. I'm sure her husband knows who you are but it's so old news he doesn't care--latino or not. He can't know you are coming though so #3 is a definite. After all you don't even know if you are going yet. I do think you are looking too much into it. I'm going to be 10 yr reunion this year and it's made me think of some of those First Kiss, First Date guys. The thought of any of them having the ability to make my husband jealous is just laughable.





However would you normally drive 6 hours for a little get together? I wouldn't. That's ridiculously far.





If you are close to this ex girlfriend go if you want. But don't read anything out of it. She just wants a good turnout for her party. I know I got together not too long ago with a guy I knew in high school. My husband told me to go. I told him all about it when I got back. If you think you will have an enjoyable time, why not go? It's just a get together though and at least your brother will be there so you will know someone there.





But if you aren't close to her or your brother doesn't want to go, I won't drive that far just for a backyard barbecue. But don't worry about the ex reading too much into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment